Welcome to Isaac and Brittany's Blog

Enjoy!

Mr Manna and Gods provision  

1 comments

I went today with a man named Manna down to his compound. We had gone there last week and suprisingly a church service started with all the men and youth who were there smoking pot, about 30 of them. This week I learned just how much the Lord was involved in our visit. After we left the police came to arrest all the pot smokers. They would each go to prison until they paid about 500 dollars a peice. (almost a years wages for a lot of people) Just as the police were rounding them up though the area governer came by and told the police to let them go. He said that they were 'his guys' as I guess he lives just next door. My jaw dropped as I listened to this story and realized the picture the Lord had painted for them of His grace and forgiveness in the face of the unpayable debt of our sin. The Lord says to us 'these are my guys, I paid for them with my blood', our debt is forgiven and we are free. Today all that were there recieved the Lord and wanted prayer for change. I learned of other testimonies of salvation too (Biblically the word salvation is synonymous with healing) One man who we prayed for had a foot that was so swollen he couldnt walk. Just after we had our 'little service' last week someone confessed having put a curse on him and subsequently paid for thier hospital bills (the light shone in the darkness) Another man who wanted prayer for his father, who had been put in prison, to be let out found out that night that he was indeed released. His brother who was angry with him forgave him and 3 days later he got a job. He was also having pain in his heart and it is now gone. God answered every prayer! Another man who was a football player was having sharp pain in his leg. This week the pain is gone. There were a bunch of sick children last week, now all of them are well. I still felt so much of the presence of the enemy in that place but it is obvious that the Lord is moving in so many ways. Its amazing how he used one friendship with this man Manna to change so many lives. Hiedi Baker, Iris ministries co-director, has a motto about stopping for the one. When we do, God does powerful things. Then as I took Manna back to where he begs (he has no legs below his knees) A guy called me from accross the street. He is one of the youth in our area who doesnt work and just sits in this spot with about 40-50 others and do nothing all day. He used to bug me to come to america. Today God used him to open the door for me to talk to all of them. I have had these guys on my heart and its like He just opened the door. I think we will start a new church down there and I pray that these guys (the pot smokers, and youth) are the congregation. God is wanting to do something great. Matt 5 says blessed are the poor in spirit. These are the poor in spirit and God is going to poor out His love and blessings on them. Manna said that he has so many more places he wants to take me, another friend wants to take me to the drug center of the city too, doors, doors, doors. When God opens them we will walk, He is our guard, our hope, our reason. He is our love.
We love you guys
Isaac and Brit

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Mr Manna and Gods provision


  • February 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

    I am so excited for what is going on with you guys. I can't wait to hear what is behind the doors that God opens for you guys. I am excited that God is moving in huge ways around you two. Love you guys